Executive Assistant Job Listing
Non-Exempt Salaried Position - Approximately 40 hours per week : $65,000 per year
The Executive Assistant position at Smart Guider Inc. is a role that supports the CEO, Kelvin Crosby, in designing innovative products to help blind and DeafBlind individuals travel independently and safely. As Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for providing visual support to the CEO, coordinating travel arrangements, and driving the CEO to various locations as needed. You must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record to be considered for this position.
In addition to these specific responsibilities, you will also be responsible for providing administrative support, managing projects, new marketing strategies/ideas, and handling correspondence. You will maintain records and documents, assist with decision-making, and provide high-level customer service to clients, vendors, and partners.
One of the key duties of the Executive Assistant is to develop and implement a social media content calendar for the See Me Cane, DeafBlind Potter, and Perseverance Podcast platforms. This will involve sourcing new content ideas, staying abreast of monthly relevant awareness topics, filming, creating and scheduling video posts, monitoring and responding to social media engagement, and analyzing and reporting on metrics.
When Kelvin creates his pottery pieces, you would be responsible for photographing, editing, keeping a current inventory, and creating new product pages on the Shopify platform. Also on the Shopify platform, you would be required to send monthly and/or quarterly emails for subscribers for the purpose of advertisement. On Shopify, you would need to change the content pages for the DeafBlind Potter site as new inventory, holiday specials, or sales become available.
Please note that travel is required for this position. The Executive Assistant will need to be available to travel with the CEO as needed for business purposes. You will also need to be available for overtime work when traveling is involved.
Because this is a support role you might be asked to support in other ways that are not provided here in the job description. We have tried to list all responsibilities, but additional tasks may be given outside this list.
If you are ready to join the team at Smart Guider on this journey, we encourage you to apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Key Soft Skills Needed:
- Very Organized
- Detail and Goal Oriented
- Hard Working
- Good Communicator
- Good Time Management
- Spatially Adept
- Takes Initiative
- Willing To Travel
Key Hard Skills Needed:
- Working Knowledge of Audio and Video Editing Software
- Working Knowledge of Windows Office and/or Google Drive Platforms
- Working Knowledge of Android and Apple Capabilities for Shooting Footage, Uploading, and Livestream (OBS)
- Working Knowledge of YouTube/Facebook/TikTok/Instagram Media Posting Platforms
- Working Knowledge of the Shopify Platform
- Working Knowledge of the Wordpress Platform
- Working Knowledge of the Buzzsprout Podcasting Platform
- Working Knowledge of Marketing and Management Strategies
- Excellent Command of the English Language, Grammar, and Punctuation Rules for Closed Captioning and Email Composing Purposes
- Understanding of Accessible Content and Description for People with Disabilities
- Understanding of AI Technology and Automating Workflows
- Flexible with Expectations, Schedules and Weekly Working Hours
- Comfortable with Dogs as Kelvin Has A Guide Dog
- Understanding of DeafBlind Individuals and Culture is Helpful
- Prefer Individual Local to San Diego Area
- Dedication to the Brand and Kelvin’s Ideals and Vision